Friday 16 May 2014

Is Lord so late to respond to your prayer?


I have in my life felt that the Lord is a slow-motion-Lord. Despite our numerous prayers, he may not answer us in a way we want. If it takes too much time, then why should I pray at all? I am living in this hectic and busy world and so I have no time to wait for you oh Lord to respond.

How important matters are there to be done? And still I find time to go to the chapel and pray on every Sundays. Don’t you see them Lord? The actual thing is that out of my busy schedule I am late in reaching the chapel for the Holy Mass and prayers. But to my credit, I never waste at least a single moment in the chapel after the Mass.

Some of my friends say that I am receiving the final blessing on my way back to home. It means that I am as quick as that to leave the chapel after the prayers. I am working professional and I must be vigilant all the 24X7. Oh Lord you alone know that how busy I am.

I need to respond all my friends who send their messages on Facebook and Whatsapp. How could I ignore my friends, sorry to say that many of them are only online friends? I need to study, work, cook and many other things and I feel that 24 hours are not enough for me to complete all my works.  Sadly I can skip only my daily prayers and God knows my tight schedule.

Here I remember the story of a priest who prayed for levite business magnet in his parish. The levite, before becoming a business magnet, never missed the Mass in any of the day but was very punctual and regular always. Though he had a small business shop, the income was very low and he used to ask the priest to pray for a growth in business.

Soon the priest’s prayer was heard and his business got flourished within a quick time. He became very rich. He bought cars and built a huge mansion-like home. But now as his business got flourished he could not concentrate on his personal prayer. He became a rare visitor to the church.
Once he happened to meet the old priest and said that he was sorry that he was not regular in the church. He further asked the priest to pray for him to God. He explained the priest how busy he is and why he is not able to attend the Holy Mass regularly. Hearing this, the priest started praying for his business to be get lost and that he may return to his old life.

I just mentioned the story here only to state that our prayers are always heard but may not be in the way we expect. When we show patience to wait for the Lord to answer, his answer will be there. He never makes you wait longer, yet he wishes that you have patience to wait for Him. Let us just wait for Him with our full confidence, He will not let your face put down. Only you need to have DEEP FAITH in Him and the rest is to be left with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment